Bonding to Hydrogen
The simplest molecule, made for connection
I am grateful to Neil Ashcroft and Vanessa Labet for making me think about something I never thought I’d be working on again, or that I could imagine there was something left to learn about. As there is.
- Kubas, G. J., R. R. Ryan, B. I. Swanson, P. J. Vergamini and H. J. Wasserman. 1984. Characterization of the first examples of isolable molecular hydrogen complexes, M(CO)3(PR3)2(H2) (M = molybdenum or tungsten; R = Cy or isopropyl). Evidence for a side-on bonded dihydrogen ligand. Journal of the American Chemical Society 106:451–452.
- Labet, V., R. Hoffmann and N. W. Ashcroft. 2012. A fresh look at dense hydrogen under pressure: 3. Two competing effects and the resulting intramolecular H-H separation in solid hydrogen under pressure. Journal of Chemical Physics 136:074503.
- Levi, P. 1984. The Periodic Table, trans. R. Rosenthal. Schocken Books: New York.
- Saillard, J.-Y., and R. Hoffmann. 1984. C-H and H-H activation in transition metal complexes and on surfaces. Journal of the American Chemical Society 106:2006–2026.
- Salem, L. 1987. Marvels of the Molecule (Mole´cule, la merveilleuse. English), trans. James D. Wuest. VCH: New York.
» Post Comment