Thank you for your interest in participating in discussions regarding American Scientist content!
Before commenting, please read our community guidelines and rules below:
• Stay on topic: This helps keep the thread focused on the discussion at hand. If you would like to discuss another topic, look for a relevant article or an “open thread”.
• Be respectful of other commenters: Meeting differences of opinion with civil discussion encourages multiple perspectives and a positive commenting environment.
• Don’t feed the trolls: Carefully consider your response if you encounter a user who displays combative behaviors.
• We reserve the right to remove comments: Comments that we find to be abusive, spam, off-topic, over 1,000 words in length, or harassing may be removed.
• Contact our moderators if you have questions or concerns: We can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your understanding and interest.
Three instances of a user not following these guidelines will have his/her American Scientist online discussion privileges banned.